A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

sandraW

Re: So far so good!

Postby sandraW » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Paige,
Lovely to hear from you, and what a wonderful tribute to your wonderful Dad.
Though it doesn't seem a year since you lost him, time passes so quickly. It's almost 2 years now since the loss of my brave bold beautiful Trevor, and you are right we did have some laughs together over the most bizarre things, its what kept us all going.
I am sending love to your Mum, sister and the rest of the family, the memories will never leave us and we should be so thankful that we have so many wonderful ones to cherish take care love sandrax xx

Ruthus

Postby Ruthus » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Dear Paige. What lovely words in memory of your father. Many memories to cherish and he sounds like a wonderful man. When I was first diagnosed in Nov 15 your fathers story gave me great advice and hope when there seemed to be no hope. Good luck running the ultra marathon. I have done two in the past 5 years. One was 40 miles the other 56. They were great experiences and I did them both with friends where we ran/walked. I will sponsor you if you post your link when your ready.
Love Ruth x

Paige

Postby Paige » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Thank you Jeni, Sandra and Ruth. You are so right Sandra, we really
must cherish the memories of our loved ones and nothing can take those wonderful memories away. I know what you mean about time flying, I can't believe it is coming up to 2 years since you lost your wonderful Trevor and I think you're amazing for continuing to support people on here and I hope you are getting by ok. It is strange as even though the past year has flown by and I can remember everything vividly from the hospital and the hospice it also seems like such a long time ago since I last saw my Dad, doesn't make sense really. That is wonderful Ruth that you have completed two ultra marathons, I stuck with a shorter distance of the ultras to sign up to for my first one (possibly my one and only, we will see), I am quite excited about doing it though, it will be nice to have something to focus on as well. I hope you are still managing to enjoy keeping active Ruth, you have been very inspirational.

Thinking of you all,
Paige
Xxx