12 hours in and doing okay

LindaH

I had my first dose of Chemo yesterday. Lovely atmosphere and nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be.

I had two doses yesterday which took from 10.30am to 1pm.

I have been given plenty of anti sickness tablets to bring home and steriods to take so I'm hopeful all will be okay...*touch wood*.... tummy feels a bit yuck, but I can cope....at the minute :|

I will be having just an half hour session next Friday, then it will be every three weeks from then onward for 18 weeks. I just hope and pray with this being such a rare cancer where there are not really many statistics, that I won't be going through all this for nothing....

I have written to XX in Manchester to ask if they would like to help me. I thought with it being a rare cancer, they just might like to take me on and help, but to date I haven't heard anything, but, if you don't try, you will never know.

So, here's to the next 18 weeks, with prayers for my life like I've never prayed before.

Linda x

Hi Linda,

Pleased to hear your first session went ok and that you are not feeling too bad today. My husband always finds he feels at his worst on the monday following friday's chemo. Not in a dreadful way just more tired and says his legs feel a bit wobbly.

If you feel a bit nauseous try some ginger biscuits or ginger in any form.

I think it's a good idea to write to some of the more pioneering hospitals. What about the xx in London. I hear they are really good too.

Take careLinda

Karen xx

Hi Linda

Great news - first one over and the fear did turn out to be worse than the reality - so glad it went OK and that you are not feeling too bad.

There is certainly no harm in looking to see whether anyone is interested in your case. Do let us know if you hear back from them.

I hope you continue to do OK, Linda.

Take care and keep well.

Deb

x

Hi Linda

Thank you for you kind words of support re my earlier post, you too Karen, Sue and Deb.

So pleased you didn't find your first session too bad Linda. Like Karen suggested try root ginger grated in boiling water. i used to sip this and found it really did help with the nausea.

Fingers crossed that x (edited-moderator) will get back to you.

Remember we're all here for you so fire any questions you may have at any time.

Take care

Sue.xx