Follow up from joint pain

Sones

Having been sent for an ultrasound scan because I was experiencing pain in my wrist and elbow joints the radiographer said his report would be advising I was referred for a bone scan. I received a copy of the letter sent to my GP by the same consultant who referred for the bone scan stating he would review me in his clinic in a few weeks time and that I would be offered injections for the pain. Ok I was willing to go with that until I opened the second letter to arrive in the post today. This one from the same consultant who had agreed to give me that follow up appointment. guess what! the appointment is for July, nearly five months away. Yes I could get on the phone and complain but you just get so fed up with fighting!

Sorry just had to have a rant......

So feel for you and yes, totally understand how fed up you must feel - it is not right that everything has to be so difficult and such a battle. I would assume there has been some mistake (??) To be quoted weeks on the one hand, then months on the other - not acceptable, not when you are in pain which presumably can be eased? Take a breath, assume it is a harmless mistake and muster whatever strength you have an make a phone call tomorrow to get it all sorted. Sounds easy on paper doesn't it?! I hope you can manage it and wish I could help and also hope that you get the response you want and need.

Chin up and take care, lots of love from your forum friends

Deb

x

Hi Deb yes and no. I'm seeing my oncologist next Thursday and have been told to discuss it with him. They still say the earliest appointment is in July for his out-patient clinic but they may be able to see me on a day when he does his ward round or my oncologist may be able to arrange for the injections to be done. It's all a bit bizarre really but the bottom line is I'm over 50 with a diagnosis of PC so they don't want to me wasting their budget.

Thanks for asking Deb, will keep you posted.

Sue.x

With a diagnosis of PC then, you should be able to get some of your oncologist's budget??! Keep pushing, Sue - I know you must be quite fed up doing this but as you know, no-one else will do it (sad, but true). Sending you strength and love.

Deb

x

Hi Sue.

You need to push this. Don't be fobbed off. Be polite, but firm, and tell them that it is notr acceptable to wait so long when you are already diagnosed with PC. Look to contacting PALS at your hospital to advise you.

Sending you love, hope and strength,

Hugs, Paul x