A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

kate2101

Re: Just my story....Michaela1.x

Postby kate2101 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 am

Hi Michaela

Glad today went well, you sound a bit more upbeat, good news about your ca19.

I have round 7 today, should have been last week but my platelets were too low. It was good to have a week off.

How I wish life was normal again x

Michaela1

Postby Michaela1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:22 pm

I hear you wishing our lives were normal again! Do you have a break halfway through your treatment? How did round 7 go for you?x

kate2101

Postby kate2101 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 am

Hi Michaela

Round 7 in the bag. All ok except bit of nausea and sickness last night which hasn’t happened for ages, think I feel ok this morning although I haven’t got up yet! Wondering if it’s because my last treatment was delayed due to low platelets and my body not used to the ‘poison’ again.

Haven’t talked about a chemo break yet, bit scared about that while It seems to be working well for now.

Hope you feeling ok.

Kate x
Ps milk thistle is tablet form (yet another!) I also take it.

Michaela1

Postby Michaela1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:03 pm

I am going to find the milk thistle and give it a go! This round 5 I have just suffered tiredness and really funny fingers! When I had mine delayed for two weeks I suffered more on round 4 so you could be right there! I don't think I want to have a break, I'm not sure. Are you up now? Sickness and nausea ok? I hope so.
Michaela x

kate2101

Postby kate2101 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 am

Morning! Awake much earlier than I hoped, husband gone off for early game of golf and no matter how quiet he tries to be I always wake up.

Felt pretty good yesterday, felt a bit yucky but took anti sickness pills and was fine, appetite not great but managed to eat ok. Went out for a bit of shopping and a short walk, fresh air and a bit of exercise makes me feel more‘normal’.

My fingers don’t feel as tingly this time for some reason, will see what this week brings but so far so good!

Hope you feeling ok and getting your strength back. x