A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

Marmalade

Re: 42 year old Mum that needs help

Postby Marmalade » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi Joanna,

Good news about your MRI results. You don't seem to be happy with allowing your GP to investigate your symptoms or with his/her view of IBS which has all your symthoms. It is most unlikely that you as an amateur, however gifted, could do a better job that a good doctor who has been trained to investigate, diagnose and treat. Many conditions have the same or similar symptoms and if you keep surfing and looking for diseases you will find loads of them but also run the risk of feeding your anxieties and make yourself more unwell. If you don't feel you are getting good care then you should change doctors or ask for a second opinion. Have you thought about the possibility that it is IBS? Taking steps to minimise the impact of this condition may help and it is something you can do while waiting for any other investigations.

Good luck, Marmalade xx

MARKSEANTAYLOR

Postby MARKSEANTAYLOR » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi joanna, I have exactly the same symptoms as you and the same experience with clean scans. I’m very keen to know what ended up happening with you? I’m almost convinced I’ve got pc but finding it complex to deal with the clean scan? Thanks mark

Veema

Postby Veema » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:04 pm

MARKSEANTAYLOR wrote:
> Hi joanna, I have exactly the same symptoms as you and the same experience
> with clean scans. I’m very keen to know what ended up happening with you?
> I’m almost convinced I’ve got pc but finding it complex to deal with the
> clean scan? Thanks mark

I thought it was your friend who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?

MARKSEANTAYLOR wrote:
> my friend a UK resident and citizen is currently on business overseas and
> has just being diagnosed, Im trying to find out how we contact the NHS from
> overseas to arrange a consultation and potentially organise surgery?