25 year old male. Imminent diagnosis, I am almost certain

longseason

sandraW wrote:

> Hi Longseason, that is really great news, I do honestly think that the mind

> can play wonderful tricks on us.

It seems so, I actually dropped out of university over this because I was unable to get work done and have been all consumed by it. When my doctor told me the ct scan was clear I honestly couldn't believe it.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• longseason

• Proud Wife

• Veema

• BlacJAC

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Longseason I am so happy for you getting all clear results. Now please please please enjoy your life. As to your thirst look first to natural causes of this ...which could be because of too many condiments or herbs etc in something that you are eating and not aware the effect this is having in your body and remember lots of foods have extremely high salt content now , it could be any one of many things that promotes a thirst. Also mentally there is the old saying " beware of your thoughts and wishes as they may come true " you are also adept at seeking things out on the internet so why not take a course in positive thinking which leads your mind in another direction altogether.

Again I am really delighted for you....enjoy your good health.

Elaine

X

This is fantastic news LS. The mind can be an incredibly powerful thing and I would strongly advise you seek a referral from your G.P for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for health anxiety. CBT provides a specific treatment protocol for health anxiety. It's likely that if this is health anxiety other health symptoms and concerns will pop up in the future so it would be good to learn how to manage this. There is also a good self help book called "Over coming Health Anxiety". I hope you can soak in the reassurance and enjoy your life and future.

Ruth x

Thank goodness!!! I am really pleased for you, but not at all surprised.

You know, some things just can't be explained...I have dizziness, it only happens when I move my head in a certain direction...I diagnosed myself with all sorts of conditions, but scans and tests have shown there is nothing actually wrong with me at all...I just have to put up with it and learn to live with it. There are many conditions like this...fibromyalgia being one of them for instance.

Having said that, it's rotten when you just don't feel right...I hope that eventually you get to the bottom of your problems.

Best of luck

Vx

Longseason, please speak to your GP about some treatment for your health anxiety. I think CBT is usually recommended, if not then some counselling.

I am delighted that your scan came back clear; I didn't have much doubt that it would because what you described just didn't add up to PC. I think the whole forum is probably rejoicing with you right now.

So . . . pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and put some effort into dealing with your anxiety.

Really pleased for you,

Take care,

Mo

Fantastic news Longseason and also great that you will accept that thankfully your problems are not cancer related. For you, that a really good step in the right direction.

The mind is so powerful, we can all fall victim. I did it myself just a few days ago when collecting a pair of varifocals. The optician told me that not everyone could get on with them and if I was one of those people, they would change the lenses Guess what, wore them for about 10 minutes, felt totally sick and disorientated and promptly returned them. I will never know if it was psychological or not but the problem was very real to me!

The very best of luck in the future. I certainly agree, DO NOT delete this thread.

PW x

Really pleased for you. And I don't think your symptoms are in your mind but what was in your mind was your belief that it was cancer. And worrying can make existing symptoms so much worse! Focus on looking after yourself, maybe making some healthy lifestyle choices, better diet, more exercise etc and do something positive to lift your spirits. Good luck! X

• 2 months later...

Please do not delete this post I can relate to this so much I am currently going through a similar experience.

I have had a colonoscopy as my gastroenterologist said "we have to start somewhere". I have an appointment this Thursday hopefully I can pusuade him to send me for a scan of sorts.

My post is here http://forum.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1922&p=25281#p25281