A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

Ant11

Re: "Our Beautiful Tracy" - She won her Battle

Postby Ant11 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi Sandra, thanks as always for your very kind words. I will still pop here and read the stories as it seems having been here for this period of time, I don't feel that I can let go. The people we met here are special, kind, supportive and understand exactly how you are feeling.

No doubt the next days, weeks and months will be tough but we will stick together.

Love to everyone Annette xxxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 am

Annette, I am so glad she had a lovely send off. My partner planned his funeral's every detail and it was a revelation watching it all come together. Tracy was such an inspiration and did so well with this terrible disease.
Love Didge x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 am

And we are here to support you Annette whenever you need. Unfortunately, we understand only too well.

Thank you for the link, I have sponsored Oliver. Please wish him the very best for a good run!

All the best
PW xx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks Didge and Proud Wife for the support and kind things you said about Tracy. This is certainly the place nobody wants to be but it draws you back. The reason for this is the lovely people who know exactly how you feel. Everyone is at different stages but still you all support and encourage. Thank you too for those that have supported Oliver for his London Marathon. So very kind and greatly appreciated by Chris, Oliver and Georgia. Love to all. Keep fighting, and never give up.Those still fighting and others who have lost loved ones need to be heard, it cannot be allowed to continue. Annette xxxxxxx

Ruthus

Postby Ruthus » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Good luck to Oliver running London Marathon for Pancreatic Cancer UK. This is the first year in many that I've not either run it or supported it. I ran 5 miles this morning whilst thinking of all the runners out there. Let's hope a good amount of money has been raised for PC.

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Thank you Ruthus, We left home at 5.30am in the morning so a long day. Well done on doing your run and of course your very generous donation for such a worthy cause. Keep fighting love Annette xxxxxx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Well an amazing day yesterday at London Marathon, tinged with emotion at times. On behalf of Chris, Oliver and Georgia, thank you so much to everyone that donated to Oliver's just giving page in support of this vile disease. So far he has raised in excess of £3200.00. Oliver had to get out of bed at 5am, driven to London and then headed to the start where we left him at around 8am. We managed to get to 2 viewing points and thanks to the phone tracker managed to see him at both. Unfortunately we didn't get back to see the finish but were so proud that he completed his 26.2 miles in 4 hours. Oliver pushed himself hard having not being able to train a lot over the last couple of weeks, due to shin splints and painful knees but he ran through the pain. To say we were all proud was an understatement. Only 5 weeks after losing his beautiful Mum it was going to be tough but I know for certain she would have been with him every step he made and she would be more than proud of him. I was also so pleased that I got to meet Fiona Harding, who too was running for the charity. Some of you may recall her from her husband Jim's story. We followed it as Jim was diagnosed at the same time as Tracy, although he sadly was taken in February 2015. Fiona is undertaking 30 challenges before she is 30. I have to say I have never met anyone as inspiring as her apart from Tracy of course. Once again thank you so much. To everyone keep fighting, love to all Annette xxxxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:19 pm

What a fantastic total Annette!

Well, well done Oliver!

Jeni.

J_T

Postby J_T » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Amazing achievement, well done!

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

Cannot believe Tracy left us nearly 5 months ago.... it just doesn't get any easier and feels like a dream. On the 22nd July 2016,(Chris & Tracy's Wedding Anniversary) we put her ashes into the plot at the local cemetery. A short but fitting service, the sun shone brightly just the same as their wedding day. That night, Chris, Oliver, Georgia my son and I went for a lovely meal in a beautiful restaurant, one I know Tracy would have loved. To everyone still fighting keep going, never give up. I miss her so much...... xxx

Ruthus

Postby Ruthus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:03 am

Dear Annette

My heart go's out to you all. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you as a family. The hopelessnes I felt when I was first diagnosed was terrible. I couldn't find anything positive to read about this dreadful disease and then I read Tracy's story on here. For the first time I felt some hope. Her story was amazing and I just read it over and over. I did not know Tracy but she sounded like an amazing woman and life is just not fair at all when it takes someone who is so loved and who loves life away from their life and family.

I told you in an email that I was planning on doing some fundraising for November which is Pancreatic cancer awareness month. The plans are coming together nicely and I will let you know more details as they come together.

lots of love
Ruth xxx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 am

Dearest Ruth, Thanks for your lovely reply. You are so much like Tracy in almost every detail, just you're younger. Tracy felt the same at diagnosis and Chris found a video of a man in America whose diagnosis was the same as Tracy's. They were so helpful and gave us a lot of information. They kept us positive. We are still in contact with his daughter in America and he is still going strong some 3½ years on. I know she will be willing you on and would have loved to have met you too. Tracy like so many others is an inspiration and only those understand who have this vile disease in their lives.

Just having a wobble today, need to sort myself out.

Keep fighting Ruth, and yes will keep in contact via email. I would love to help with the fundraising if at all possible,

Love to you and your lovely family. Annette xxxx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:36 am

What a truly lovely idea Annette to do this on such a special day. I'm so sorry to hear you are having a wobble. You know where I am sweetheart is I can help or just be a (very large) shoulder to cry on xxx

RLF

Postby RLF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Doesn't seem possible to me either that it's been 5months. Scary how quickly that has passed but also it must still seem like yesterday. Feels odd to me too as we were following each others lives so closely and that means you get very emotionally involved!

Much love to all you guys
Rob
x

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi Rob

I know,it just doesn't seem real. We still follow your updates and the blog's and I agree when you become close to people battling the same you do feel emotionally involved. We think of you both all the time too. Only people on this journey understand just how hard it is.

Hope things are moving for you both and that you're not getting too stressed out?

Returning lots of love back to you and Carl from us all too. Annette xxxxxx