first time

lel

Hi everyone

This is my first time posting having joined last May,just after my problems began back last May with left flank pain, it has been a long journey back and forth to gp being told it,s stress in my head even when I also had indigestion which I've never had before also weight loss, had ultrosound back last April which was clear also had private ct done privately,which I don't think was carried out correctly with no imaging fluid and I had eaten and drank that day (anyone else had that problem). Also Had endoscopy,coloncoscopy,ultrasound on kidneys all done I think because g p Fed up with me going back and forth.

All this time still with left flank pain,at last after months of voicing my fear of pancreatic cancer after having coloncoscopy at hospital 3 weeks ago and doctor at hospital looking at my notes saying if it was clear she would request another ct scan which I am going for tomorrow the 26th really terrified but at last getting somwhere buy the way I'm a 58 year old female.

So will come back when I get results, sorry for waffling on im really not good at writing things down. lel

Ps also had a period of really bad depression at beginning of all this.my husband and family thought I was going mad.

Hi lel,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your problems, I hope you get good news tomorrow, and that they can find a simple cause for your pain. Let us know how you get on please, take care sandrax

Hope you get good news but even if it isn't don't lose heart, we know all about the options here and the nurses can help too! And some people do beat this thing (you can read about them on this site) - it's just that they don't post often because they are too busy off living their lives (I hope!).

Nadia - Support Team

Hi Lel,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear what you have been going through of late. We hope that the Ct scan does not reveal anything to worry about, but as you say, feel free to come back on here afterwards for support. you can also contact us on support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk should you need to.

Kind regards,

Jeni.