Oliver has completed the Half Marathon for PCUK

Ant11

Tracy's Son Oliver running Hastings Half Marathon

I know so many of you all continue to raise money and support our wonderful purple "Pancreatic Cancer Uk". Tracy's son Oliver is running the Hastings Half Marathon on 22nd March 2015 with 4999 others and he has chosen Pancreatic Cancer UK to raise money to help and thank everyone for the support that has been given to his Mum. You can read his Mum Tracy's story on this site and also watch the video Tracy took part in for the support line. She continues to battle and fight like everyone else here.

He has been training hard and runs most mornings at 5am pounding the streets in London before going to the gym and then into work. As he states on his Just Giving page he will be running, walking, moaning and taking selfies during the 13 miles (trust me it's a tough hilly course. If anyone would like to support him, please visit his just giving page at https://www.justgiving.com/Oliver-dale1 I know he will be very grateful for your support. Thank you to everyone on this site. Annette xxxx

Edited by Ant11

• 1 month later...

Just to give you all an update. Oliver ran the Hastings Half Marathon yesterday 22nd March 2015. Although unwell, he was determined to battle through. He had set himself a time for the 13.1 miles of 2 hours (it's a horrendous hilly course). He completed it in 1 hour 54 minutes and has so far raised £1180.20 for PCUK. Tracy although having had chemo number 28 on Friday was there with her family watching at different points on the course and Oliver's sister Georgia got up at 5am in the morning and drove 250 miles from Leeds to watch and support him. It was an emotional ending when he came over the finishing line. Like everyone who uses this site and the support of the nurses makes it such a worthwhile cause. We as a family certainly would not have coped without this. Many thanks to everyone that supported him.

Congrats to Oliver for completing the course while feeling so unwell. I couldn't even imagine doing it so good on him! Hope he recovers well :)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and to everyone who helped Oliver raise so much money for PCUK. It meant a lot to him and also to Tracy and her family. Sunday was a proud day. If you want to see Oliver in the official Marathon photographs just go to this site and input his number 733 into the Hastings Half Marathon 2015. You will then see about 13 pictures of him. I have posted a picture of Oliver and his Mum on the Facebook Page of PCUK if anyone uses this too. Once again thank you to everyone who uses this site, you really are all amazing and strong people. Not the nicest of places to be but a great source of help and support "PRICELESS" Annette xxxx

http://gallery.sussexsportphotography.com/libraryhome.tlx