A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

Proud Wife

Re: Carls story

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 am

After reading Carl's brilliantly brave blog, I expected this to happen but it's still a shock to actually hear it is. I am so very sorry Rob. Both you and Carl have been beyond amazing throughout the past 4 years 9 months. Carl has been such an inspiration to others fighting this vile disease that the outcome doesn't always have to be so dire. He couldn't have battled any harder. I am really proud of you both even though I've never met you!

I hope and pray his passing is peaceful. Please don't think beyond the here and now. I too faced exactly the same fears and still do to be honest. The only way to get through this is not to think any further than the current day and to rely on the (massive) support around you physically and online.

Carl is far far to young. My heart goes out to both of you today.

Lots of love
PW x

Elaine123

Postby Elaine123 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi Rob I am sorry to hear Carl is so poorly. Thinking of and praying for you both
Elaine
X

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am

Dearest Rob

All so heartbreaking. As you know we followed Carl's story back in November 2013, and even though we never met, had contact where we shared information, ideas, choice of supplements. You both made us all laugh, smile, cry but the most important thing was positive outlook, having that belief. Only those that have been on this awful journey will understand the highs and the lows, the battles and constant pushing for things. It just takes over your whole life and then when our loved ones leave us, there is this huge void. It is very different on the other side but the help and support of your forum family who are always there make that difference.

If you need anything, or just to chat, please don't hesitate to contact me. You and Carl helped me more than you'll ever know. Love and hugs Annette xxxx

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi Rob, so saddened to hear Carl is coming to the end of his journey. His blogs and your posts were always positive and uplifting. I hope you both can find your peace.

Much love
Julia x

RLF

Postby RLF » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 am

I'm sorry to say Carl slipped off into his final sleep Sunday at 12.15pm. I was holding his hand and his mum his other and he was surrounded by love and family. He didn't seem in any pain or distress and the hospice staff were just as devastated as we were. He touched so many lives, and made so many people laugh and be happy, but I can say he was mine and that makes me so so happy.

Right now I feel ok, I feel bad saying that, but I feel him so strongly here with me, like a protective barrier wrapped round my skin making me feel invincible, as much the superman as he always was. He'll be forever in my heart and I can't wait till we are together again when my time comes.

Thank you for all your support and love through this, I'm not sure how often i'll be on here now but if you are reading this thread I hope it has helped you or your loved one with your journey through pancreatic cancer.

Love to all and I hope you sleep well my beautiful man
Rob
x

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am

Rest in peace brave, beautiful, inspirational Carl.

Rob, may you feel Carl's protection and strength in abundance. It will always be there when you need it.

Much love
W&M xxx

Veema

Postby Veema » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Sleep tight Carl x

Huge hugs Rob...its a tough road you now tread, but remember we are all here to support, particularly those of who are already trudging along it.

You will be fine, because you have to be, it's just a different sort of fine.

Much love.

Vx

patrigib

Postby patrigib » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Don't know what to say. So sorry! Be kind to yourself and enjoy life, for both of you!
Hugs

stepuha

Postby stepuha » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:18 pm

I am very sorry for your loss.
Rest In Peace, Carl.
Big hug.
stepuha

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Rob, as you say your wonderful Carl touched so many lives with his cheeky smile, I could see the mischief shining out of his eyes, and still remember the dressing gown shopping incident, that always makes me smile.
The next days. weeks. months will be hard but you have his love to carry you through, please pop back from time to time and let us know how you are doing. love to you all, a special thought for Carl's mum, she too must be devastated sandrax xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:53 pm

So so so sorry Rob to hear this devastating news.

You and Carl's family and in my thoughts and prayers.

Love PW x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Dear Rob,

On behalf of myself, and all of the nurses here at Pancreatic Cancer UK, I would like to express our sincerest condolences at the passing of Carl.

I had many conversations with Carl, and he was a remarkable person, with a great courage and determination to beat pancreatic cancer - he certainly gave it a good going on several occasions.

Carl was always outward focused, and very positive, despite all he went through. He loved his work, and often spoke about how it gave him purpose.

On top of this, both of you have been such a support to others facing similar battles. Thank you from us all.

It is so good to hear that Carl was surrounded by his loving family and that he was peaceful at the end.

Our kindest regards,

Jeni and all the nurses.

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Rob, sorry I'm late to offer condolences. I had heard through one of the cancer charities that Carl had died and was so sad to hear it.

Hope you are continuing to do well. You and Carl made a magnificent team and explored all available avenues to give Carl the best chance and you succeeded in extending in life.

Carl was a big character and will be missed.

I wish you health and happiness in your life without Carl, you will miss him I know but you too are strong and I'm sure you will be fine.

Much love
Julia x