New to the forum

RyanH13

Hello everyone,

My name is Ryan. I have been having issues with pain in my abdomen for quite some times now (over 5 years) and was diagnosed with ulcers, acid reflux, IBS, ect. and was given treatment for all of these things, which never fully fixed my issues, I just dealt with it. Recently I have been having odd pains in my upper abdomen on my left side, directly under my ribcage, just to the left of the pit of my stomach. So about a month ago I went to see my doctor and he was sure this wasn't just regular ulcer pain (as I have been given treatments for ulcers several times and they keep coming back through no fault of my own) and decided to send me to my GI surgeon who removed my gall bladder about two years ago. He wanted to perform a scope and collect a biopsy to check for ulcers and to see if I had H. Pylori present in my stomach. Well, about a year before that I had this same exact procedure performed and they confirmed that I had H. Pylori and ulcers so I didn't go through with this scope because they would just confirm information that I already knew. Both by physician and my surgeon think I could have pancreatic cancer as my symptoms aren't relative to things like diverticulitis or pancreatitis so tomorrow I'm going back to my physician to discuss other options about how they will go about checking out my pancreas to see what is going on.

My pain only keeps getting worse and I always have this "feeling" under my ribs like there is something there that wasn't there about three months ago and doesn't always necessarily hurt, but I always feel it there. It does cause me pain though, like right now I'm having mild pain. When I lay on my side it intensifies pretty bad and just randomly throughout the day I get sudden onset pain. The pain (as the best I could describe it) feels like my pancreas is being stretched out. It's a dull pain that isn't sharp or anything, but almost like a pressure. I also have pain in my back that feels like I need to pop my back really bad but I can't no matter what I do. My appetite has been terrible, in fact all I've eaten today has been a few handfuls of sunflower seeds and a bottle of water. Everything else makes me nauseous just thinking about it and when I do eat I get full VERY fast and feel immediately nauseous right after eating. Obviously I don't have a diagnosis yet, but hopefully tomorrow will be the first step in the road to finding out what is wrong with me and we'll see if my two doctor's suspicions are right or not.

Oh yeah, I'm a 23 year old Male, 6' 0". I weighed 217 pounds about 6 days ago and I weigh 209 today. Thanks for reading, I hope to update this within the next two weeks.

good luck ryan, even, and hopefully, if its not pc, always best to get things checked out, you will get loads of support on here, i hope you have a good team behind you, we , my husband , has been very well cared for, nearly 4 yrs now, click on my name if you would like a little more info, all the very best and do stay positive, laura x

Thank you very much! I hope I can get the CT scan this week and (hopefully) have the results before December. I'm not sure how long those take to get results back but hopefully it's fast!

Hi Ryan and welcome.

Very best of luck with the scan and fingers crossed it isn't anything ominous. You would be very young to get PC.

I think it will dpend on where you live but it is possible to get scan results quickly. My partner had a CT scan last Thurs and we are off for the results this afternoon.

Good luck

Cathy x

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. As mentioned by my friends earlier, 23 would be unusually young to be hit by this illness but it is good you are having a CT scan which should give you the definitive answers. As far as results go, I have had quite a few scans since my diagnosis 12 months ago and usually review with my Oncologist around 1 week after the scan.

Good luck and pleaee keep us posted.

Steve

Well I'm at my doctors office right now and since I haven't been eating at all lately they said I could take the CT scan today (and wouldnt have to fast for 8 hours). So now I'm just waiting on them to call me back and they said I might even have my results before the end of the day. Fingers crossed and thank you for the support everyone :)