Pet Scan & constipation

tummywoes

Had the Pet Scan yesterday. Wow, what an ordeal that is I am very anxious anyway, but

this test did me in. It took so long, and all the different intervals of the test, the

injection, the waiting by yourself in the "quiet area", then more to drink, then finally to

the scanner. Holding ones arms up over your head for 30 minutes or so was brutal.

Had to have part of the test redone because I moved, which was awful.

Then today all day, I was terribly constipated. I think it had to be from the solution you

drink, or the injection, or both?..............I am nervous now about the results of course.

Had a bad dream last night where I saw red areas all over my entire body!! So in other

words that scan did a number on me for sure. I am holding my breath and praying that they will

find something that can be fixed. My sweet daughter went to the test with me and spent the

night last night. I hated to see her gohome today '(

Gosh that sounds an unpleasant experience for you!

Finger crossed you get a good result from the scan. Keep us informed.

Good luck

Julia

I've never had a PET scan, but I do believe it gives much more information than an ordinary CT scan.

Good luck with the results, fingers well and truly crossed for you.

Linda x

washingtonmike

Hi tummywoes: Sorry you had such an unpleasant scan. I've had most of them now and I think the MRI the worst. If you're at all claustrophobic, which I am, it's more than a trial, more like an execution 8) .

Here's hoping the results are negative and they'll find what they need to find to get you up and going again. Cheers, Mike

Mike,

I hate all of these tests. Yes, I am totally afraid of being closed in!

Any mention of a MRI at this point and I will freak out for sure. They will have to

knock me out to do it!......hospitals also freak me out, so I am really going to have to

work on this. Guess, I thought I would stay healthy forever?

• 1 month later...