Worried about poss line fitted

LindaH

Haha! Hope you have a fab holiday. I'm just so hoping the chemo makes dad feel better so that he can get a holiday at some point.

Kate

x

Hi Cathy,

We have not taken any travel insurance out as we know it will be very expensive and we plan to go away in July too ( fingers X ). We have a home in Spain and friends who can support us if need be plus its only an hour and a half flight so we thought if he feels unwell we will just come home.

Thank you both!

Kate - I do hope so too. Recent posts about your Dad sound like he is on the mend so fingers X'd the chemo will do the trick and he will get a holiday somewhere lovely.

Karen - I think we will decide closer to the time what to do. One friend (who's partner also has advanced cancer - but of the prostate) just took normal travel insurance recently - and our oncologist said not to try get it as we wouldn't be able to but I got some quotes anyway that made me go :shock: So we shall see. Whatever Jonathan feels happiest with I guess.

Cathy xx

Thanks Jeni - I actually managed to get a quote from one of these.

Karen - can I just ask.. how long are you going to Spain for? Were you planning on fitting in a break in Bob's treatment to coincide with it? We were planning (before all this happened) on going for 2 weeks and would still like to all being well.

Slewis7313

I was struggling with travel insurance and had been quoted £1200 for a 2 week trip to Spain! Then up popped 'staysure.co.uk' on the TV. They have come back with £788, which whilst still expensive is a lot less than I had been quoted elsewhere. I am undecided at the moment whether to simply go without insurance as getting back in a hurry if required should not be a problem and would not cost more than £788.

Steve

Slewis7313

I believe the EHIC would be OK for the basics, but probably not for more extensive stuff. In fact last year when we were there last year I had an ear infection and received excellent care on my EHIC card, but if they realise I have travelled with a more serious complaint they might well ask about insurance?! Not sure though........ One for Jeni/Di perhaps?

Steve

Hiya

Yes, I got a quote from stay sure as well. I think these were one of the ones on the cancer research uk website and my quote was very similar to yours (£700 mark). We are also undecided about taking out the extra insurance (in fact the oncologist said not to try - just to make sure we had the EHIC card) but I think we probably would. I've also checked and there is a 24 hr medical centre in our resort and we are 1/2 hr from the hospital should we need it (and several flights each day going back to the UK - we're lucky I guess as we live in London)

For us the main thing is getting the all clear to travel closer to the time from the oncologist. He seemed positive about us going

Cathy xx