A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

The_petal

Re: Just started Folfirinox

Postby The_petal » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am

Well my count was 2.89 on Tuesday so had my 2 course on Wednesday, went reasonably well although I did feel a bit nauseous afterwards ~ and my sugar levels are well up.

Because of my concerns with my hair loss I had a cool cap on whilst I was being infused ~ judging by all the faffing around I got the impression that they don't use it very often as the nurses had a problem disconnecting it every time I had to off to the toilet!

Has anyone used a cool cap and do they feel it works?

toodotty

Re: Just started Folfirinox

Postby toodotty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi The Petal,
Are you not having Oxaliplatin? It is not normally possible to have the cool cap because of the peripheral neuropathy (tingling toes, fingers etc), this would make it so much worse. Even a cool drink during chemo makes my lips go numb. About to have round 11 on Friday and my hair is growing back, I think this is a combo of the Milk Thistle (protects from chemo side effects) and Spirulina (for immune system and anaemia, but since found out that it also promotes hair growth apparently). I have seen the cool cap in action and it does look like a bit of a faff.

I am glad your session went well, I think the first two are the worse. I also feel a bit sick for the next 24 hours, but it is not as bad as morning sickness so I just ignore it.

Erika