A forum for people to support each other after the loss of a loved one

Moderator: volmod

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Re: Welcome to this new forum on coping with loss

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Lynsey and Lee,

I am very sorry to hear about the death of your mum. It sounds like you had an amazing relationship with her, and it is great that you were able to care for her when she got sick. These are times you can never get back again, so it is very good that you have the memories of your time together.

Please accept my condolences as well as those of the charity at this sad time.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

DRAD3

Re: Welcome to this new forum on coping with loss

Postby DRAD3 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Dear Lynsey and Lee
So sorry to hear about your Mum. This is such a cruel disease and things can move frighteningly fast for some. You must be absolutely devastated and it will understandably take you some time to come to terms with what has happened. I lost my husband in April and I am still feeling the loss and miss him very much. The pain is less raw and I am now able to think about happy times, rather than the traumatic last few days but I do have very dark days and have found it best to just go with the flow and just ride with whatever emotions come over me. Going back to work was a positive thing for me, as it filled my mind with other things - it was difficult to concentrate at first and I did feel very fragile but that has got better over time too. So glad to hear that you have some happy pictures in your mind of your mum's love and pride for you - that will bring you great comfort I am sure. She sounds like a lovely and courageous lady and you are also rightly proud of her. Remember we are all here for you, if you need some support or just want someone to listen. I still find the forum family a source of great comfort and immense support. Take care of yourself. Love to you and your family.
Deb
x