A forum for people to support each other after the loss of a loved one

Moderator: volmod

patrigib

Re: Forum Threads II

Postby patrigib » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Chit chat, cats and other things are part of our lives too. It's hard enough for people suffering from cancer and their caregivers, so why not have a touch of humour, or daily life. That's part of our experience along this difficult path as well............

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:29 pm

That's true! M xx

Veema

Postby Veema » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:59 pm

I also think that it helps newbies, who may be a bit anxious about posting anything, to see that we are a friendly bunch...and it also encourages us who have been through it all to keep coming back, meaning that there is always current stuff to be reading. I remember joining here when Nige was first diagnosed and there were hardly any posts and it discourages people from then posting because you don't think you're going to get a reply...I went over to the macmillan forums for ages because of that...and they weren't half as helpful as you lot on here really...just a bit more activity at that time.

Why can't we give it a go and see what happens? If it doesn't work out, or there starts to be loads of threads which are non cancer related then review it and maybe put a stop to it...or just have one thread available for non-cancer related chit chat.

Vx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:37 pm

I think both W & M and Veema are spot on. Especially about not clogging threads with non cancer related stuff to help those find the information they need as quickly as possible. I don't know whether to be pleased or embarrassed to have started such a debate! xx