A forum for people to support each other after the loss of a loved one

Moderator: volmod

alimc77

Re: Unable to cope

Postby alimc77 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 am

Hi Leila,

I don't often post on here but I do read other's stories and find great comfort that I'm not alone. My dad has PC and there is nothing more they can do for him. Although he is well enough just now I am dreading having to watch him in pain and then eventually die. I don't know how I'll cope.

I lost my mum 6 years ago so I know what the grief is like and felt all the things you are feeling now. I still have flashbacks and replay the day she died in my head word for word. It's not as tough now as I can remember the good times and talk about her more but every now and again it all comes back. I think it will always be like this and I'll have to go through it again now with my dad. Just wanted to say that yes, I still hear things my mum said all the time, usually my name, when i'm least xpecting it.

Take care

Alison x

alimc77

Postby alimc77 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 am

Hi Leila,

I don't often post on here but I do read other's stories and find great comfort that I'm not alone. My dad has PC and there is nothing more they can do for him. Although he is well enough just now I am dreading having to watch him in pain and then eventually die. I don't know how I'll cope.

I lost my mum 6 years ago so I know what the grief is like and felt all the things you are feeling now. I still have flashbacks and replay the day she died in my head word for word. It's not as tough now as I can remember the good times and talk about her more but every now and again it all comes back. I think it will always be like this and I'll have to go through it again now with my dad. Just wanted to say that yes, I still hear things my mum said all the time, usually my name, when i'm least xpecting it.

Take care

Alison x

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi Leila, that's how I feel too. my dad was only 67 when he died and was a very active person with lots of hobbies it just didn't seem fair. I hear and remember the things he said too. It feels like I am haunted by watching his suffering. You are right though we loved our dad's and always will do.
Feel free to pm me if you ever need to.
Julie x

Marmalade

Postby Marmalade » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Dearest Leila,

I have just read this as I am now one of that group of people who have lost part of themselves. Many of the feelings you describe, especially about not wanting to speak to other people or listen to what they have to say. I've had condolences from people who can't spell Louis' name or get facts about him wrong and I want to slap them. I am not generally violent but I find it highly offensive right now.

I take courage from the fact that you have been able to carry on somehow and am humbled that you took time out to comfort and support me.

M xx