A forum to focus on treatment related issues and side effects from treatment

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
karen17

Some good news at last!

Postby karen17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi all,
Just wanted to share some good news for a change. Following 7 cycles of Folfirinox we received the much welcome news today that my husbands scan has showed a reduction of the primary tumour in the pancreas and further reduction to the liver secondaries with some now not visable on the scan at all! He remains well. Still working full time, exercising, no weight loss etc so its now onwards and upwards to the next 6 cycles and fingers crossed the shrinkage will continue so further treatments can be considered.
Keep strong everyone

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Re: Some good news at last!

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Karen,

Absolutely wonderful news - thanks for that!

Just brilliant, and it is such a welcome relief to hear some success stories.

Keep it going!

KR,

Jeni.

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:16 pm

That's fantastic news Karen,I have been wondering about how you were getting on,so nice to hear some good news!
Mick is slowly recovering fom whipples surgery onwards and upwards hopefully!
Sue
X

DRAD3

Postby DRAD3 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 pm

FANTASTIC! So happy for you, Karen, and for your husband. You must be over the moon. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - great to have positive news, so encouraging for those beginning or in treatment.
lots of love
Deb
x

KATB

Postby KATB » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Karen,

Dad is starting FOLFIRINOX on Wednesday. I know everyone reacts differently but I just wondered how it went for your husband? How did he feel immediately after the chemo and did he feel well for the time in between the chemo sessions?

How did he get on with the pump - does it make it difficult to sleep or is it OK?

Dad's main issue at the moment is managing the pain he's feeling - when it's under control he is fine and quite upbeat but when he's experiencing pain it really gets him down. I'm hoping the chemo will go some way to addressing that.

Kate
x

J_T

Postby J_T » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Karen, what fabulous news for you and your husband! Going to that appointment to get the scan results must have been nerve wracking but WHAT a result!

I hope my husband is as fortunate, fingers crossed.

Long may your husband continue to beat the BC! (barsteward cancer :oops: )