New treatment?

karen17

Does anyone know anything about GTX chemo? I believe it's a combination therapy but not sure if only available in the USA as I read about it on an american site. Appeared to have positive feedback so wondered if its available here?

Hi Karen

I believe someone asked about this on the forum some time ago. I think then, we were possibly not doing combination treatments but that is not the case now. My husband had a good response with Gemcitabine and Capecitabine (GEMCAP) - tumour reduced in size. There are also other combination treatments available now - some quite aggressive. I guess it all depends on an individuals specific needs. I am sure the support team would give you the latest information with regards to the options available here and how they compare to the one you mention.

Best wishes

Deb

x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the post. Here is some information below on the combination treatment:

http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=26&abstractID=4284

This again is a combination of drugs which are all available in the UK, and are used currently in the treatment of other cancers, although possibly not in the combination mentioned. Again, similar to Folfirinox, they are all drugs which are licensed in the UK, so would not need to go to NICE for approval.

Let's hope we hear more about this in the future.

Jeni.