Whipples Operation

holsworthy

My husband had whipples operation on wednesday 29th August and has been talking to people on here regarding this he has asked me to let everyone know his progress, David went to theatre at 8.30 am was in icu by 4pm talking and alert within 24 hours he was taken to a ward he is still very sleepy but doing well, taking sips on water. Food to be introduced on monday, which he is very nervous about. I have not seen any Dr's!!! this is worrying me a little, David's surgeon has told him he is happy with the procedure.

My first impression is David is doing well although I know we are very early days.

Maxine [surname removed - moderator]

good news!, give him my regards, its very early days and a huge operation, try and take each day as it comes, you will probably find that the drs can tell you whats been done, but will not have results of biopsy etc,

wishing him a good recovery and lots of patience to you! best wishes laura xx