Tumor Markers

rachelqt

Hi All,

Dad was down yesterday for his last treatment of Cycle 4. So they have now told us that they have decided to stop Dads Chemo now after 4 Cycles, reason being that it is good to have a break. Dad done really well on his chemo and to be honest since he started it, he just grew better and better. The next step is waiting on an appointment to come through(approx 2-3 wks) for a scan, once they have a look at it then the next step will be decided, what ever that may be. The lovely Macmillan nurse and local doctor will keep an eye on him until then. As Laura has mentioned it is a very scary prospect now to have a break away from treatment, just hope this tumor behaves itself until then!!

Best Wishes to everyone...Rachel x

I had a Whipples carried out in June 2009, getting on for 3 years now. About 15-16 months ago a scan detected a recurrence as a result of which I was put back on Gemzar and have been on and off chemo treatment since. My tumour markers have been like the Big Pepsi Max at Blackpool, up and down, at nearly 5000 3-4 months ago, down to under 1000 now, due to the Gemzar. In fact we have extended the treatment. Meanwhile I carry on working and the treatment fits around what is essentially a normal working life.

That is very positive Trevor! We have been very focused on these tumor markers, although the consultant tells us not to get to hung up on what the number is sitting at but rather the trend in them. Thanks for the reassurance, it is good to know that a break every now and again work for people! Long may you continue with your positive fight.

Best Wishes to you..Rachel