Whipple's experience

Nadia - Support Team

Nadia - Support Team

email from 17th Feb 2007 - probably from USA

Hello. I had my Whipple Operation in July 2006 and was in hospital just one week after, then returned home. It took me about 5-1/2 months for my stomach to feel better, a slow process but finally feeling good. I have to take enzymes to help digest my food and get the most out of it. I did lose about 30 lbs., some prior to the operation due to jaundice and being awake at night scratching. I had my Pet Scan on Jan. 10th and saw my surgeon on Jan. 22nd and am pleased to say I am now cancer free but have to go for Pet Scans about every 4 to 6 months for the next little while to keep things in check. So for anyone going through this type of operation, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and in fact in late Dec. I went with my husband and family on a nice Caribbean cruise and was able to get off at all the nice beaches and enjoy. Hope this helps someone.