Heidelberg and UK treatment

Ruthus

I have read threads from 2013 related to Heindelberg in Germany being advanced in the treatment of pancreatic cancer and being more willing to operate on what have been deemed inoperable tumours in the UK. However have also heard controversial stories that the success rates may not be great (I don't know if this is correct) and is very expensive. I haven't found any recent information and am wondering is Heindleberg still seen as being advanced than UK in terms of considering surgery or have things improved in certain UK hospitals in terms of considering surgery? I would be interested if anyone knows and what would possibly be attempted at Heindleberg which would not in UK?

Hi Ruth

I'm going to email you my reply as I'm not sure if the moderator would allow me to post it here as it concerns the reputation of a particular hospital.

Have a great time in Spain!

W&M