A forum to focus on treatment related issues and side effects from treatment

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Michaela1

Supplements?

Postby Michaela1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Good afternoon all,
I hope you are all feeling good.....or at least ok! Well it will be round 2 tomorrow, I am hoping it will be easier than round 1!

I am losing weight and am struggling to eat so I feel it is time to start looking at supplement drinks that may help with this that are easy on the stomach. Does anybody have any recommendations of some nice ones that maybe the Dr could prescribe for me please?

Michaela

toodotty

Re: Supplements?

Postby toodotty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi Michaela1,
Your DR can prescribe Ensure drinks, which are multi-vitamin drinks. They come in a shake format (strawberry is nice) or a juice, such as orange etc. They take a bit of getting used to and can taste foul if you have a metallic taste in your mouth. I treat them as medicine and sip them as necessary. Make sure that some of your weight loss is not muscle related. The steroids completely did for my legs (I lost 4 inches off each thigh), I use my exercise bike to get some of this back on week 2 of my treatment. Boring but effective.
Good luck for round 2!

toodotty

Veema

Postby Veema » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Ask for Scandishakes, they are much nicer tasting than ensure or fortisip. Also ask for procal powder, you can add this to your own drinks (not water) to add calories and protein. It can also be added to food and it has no taste or texture. There are also some calogen shots that are tiny little shot sized supplements, but these are not meal replacements.

Vx

Michaela1

Postby Michaela1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 am

Hi Toodotty Veema

Thank you for your advice, I will try and get a sample of them all somehow and see which one I can tolerate!x